In seeking to advance its efforts at political engagement of the public and politicians in dialogue, the Office of the Political Ombudsman, earlier this month, hosted a team from the Commonwealth Secretariat.
Head of the Secretariat’s Good Offices for Peace Governance and Peace Directorate and her colleagues, met with the Political Ombudsman and various groups, in a series of Focus Group sessions aimed at garnering information to inform the actions of the Political Ombudsman, aimed at:
- Reducing political conflict, including ‘public utterances’ that may divide, demean, or incite
- Enhancing political appreciation for the benefits of consensus within a competitive environment
- Improving policy-making and good governance; and
- Increasing participation of women in political parties with a view to reducing conflict.
Do you know about dialogue spaces such as?
- National Partnership Council
- Vale Royal Talks
- Office of the Political Ombudsman
- Dispute Resolution Foundation – Mediations
- PMI Interventions
- Restorative Justice Centres
- CDC’s, DAC’s, and PDC’s
Please name any other dialogues in Jamaica.